Myrtle Beach is famous for its abundance of buffets but let’s take a look at some of the other unique dining options available!
1. Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse (near Broadway at the Beach), 2920 Hollywood Drive, Myrtle Beach 843-839-0777.If you would like to “splurge” on your vacation, this highly rated “Churrascaria” is a great choice.Rioz features a very extensive salad bar combined with table service of more than 15 different cuts of beef, pork, lamb, poultry and fish!Save room for the delicious desserts!!
2. Collectors Cafe, 7726 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach 843-449-9370. Beautiful original artwork to admire and purchase, in a cafe setting featuring Mediterranean cuisine – along with a coffeehouse and lounge.
3. Mykonos (near Broadway at the Beach), 1002 29th Avenue, Myrtle Beach 843-839-1965.Â Get your Greek on here with authentic Greek fare.Â The restaurant switches to a dance club at 9 PM.Â Other entertainment is featured during dinner hours from time to time.
4. Croissants Bistro and Bakery, 371 Grissom Pkwy, Myrtle Beach 843-448-2253.A charming place open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sunday buffet and occasional wine tastings.One of the specialties is a unique version of shrimp and grits. How about a lobster BLT? GORGEOUS wedding cakes, for those getting married on the Grand Strand, and creative specialty cakes . 1/2 off any bottle of wine from their award-winning wine list every Monday night. Live music Tuesday nights. I think that is enough reasons to check out this wonderful eatery – right away!
5. Islamorada Fish Company (inside Bass Pro Shops), 10177 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach 843-361-4700. Venison-stuffed mushrooms, mahi mahi, wonderful seafood, unique salads and more (alligator will be available in the Fall).Â An extensive menu and a fabulous staff all with a 2500 gallon salt water reef aquarium make IFC the place to bring the family on your vacation.Happy hour daily 4-7 PM.Ask about the Kids Eat Free (available Mon-Thurs. – Contact restaurant for more information) promotion too!
6. Zulu Lounge & Bistro, 9668 N. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach 843-213-1730. Open Wed-Sat starting at 6 PM.An electic venue with Tapas style restaurant, cocktail bar with an extensive bar menu and boasts the area’s only authentic Hookah lounge. Definitely more of an adult type venue. Some of the food offerings are Mozambique Tuna Tare Tare (Ahi tuna), curry chicken, short ribs, calamari, lamb chops, filet, salads and more.
7. Habibi’s Cafe and Market (next to Bob Evans), 3310 Waccamaw Blvd, Myrtle Beach 843-236-0150. This friendly “off the beaten path” establishment serves Middle Eastern cuisine, including a wide variety of vegetarian options. The Market side carries teas, dried fruits, an array of olives, turkish coffee and other delights. No alcohol served.
8. Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine, 746 Main Street, Myrtle Beach 843-238-2879. It is customary to eat with your hands at Redi-Et, but silverware is available on request. Complimentary homemade bread and spicy dipping sauce arrive at the table once diners are seated. Ethiopian beers and wines are available. Another good vegetarian choice.
9. Toffino’s Italian Bakery and Deli (near Market Common), 550 Farrow Pkwy, Myrtle Beach 843-477-1598.Cannolis (filled to order), rum cakes, lemon squares, hoagies (subs), highly-rated pizza – and more…YUM!Â Italian deli meats, cheeses, olives, imported pastas, frozen pastas, breads, and imported specialty items. Pizza dough (in ball form) is sold – try your hand at baking up your own pizza at home! Toffino’s is closed for expansion and renovations but is expected to re-open July 20.
10. Donut Man, 200 S. Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach 843-444-6161. Carrying on with the sweet theme, the Donut Man is highly revered in these parts.How could it not be with fresh donuts day or night? Due to the tremendous business they receive, you are assured of yummy, fresh donuts whatever time you walk through the door. The problem is choosing…there’s red velvet, buttermilk, pumpkin, boston cream and many more, delicious coffee too! A drive-thru is also available. Open 24 hour. Free WiFi. Give Donut Man a try on your next visit to Myrtle Beach!